AES provides a wide range of geotechnical engineering, engineering geology, and environmental consulting services. Please take a moment to explore in further detail the work that we do by clicking on the links to the left.
- Reconnaissance for major housing tracts.
- Research on published and unpublished records.
- Field exploration programs utilizing various methods of excavation, drilling & sampling.
- Material testing (laboratory physical testing of undisturbed & bulk soil/rock samples).
- Slope stability evaluations.
- Deep subterranean shoring evaluations.
- Geotechnical/geologic diagnostic investigations for distressed structures.
- Recommendations for design of foundations, earth retaining structures, & site grading.
- Preparation of technical reports for geotechnical investigations.
- Observation & testing services during construction.
- Preparation of final reports for grading/field certification & as-built conditions.
- Expert witness services for geotechnical engineering and geology issues.
- Seismic evaluation of a site, including analysis of potential for liquefaction and landslides.
- Engineering geologic prior-to-purchase site evaluation and investigation.
- Alquist-Priolo earthquake fault studies.
- Percolation testing for private sewage disposal systems and groundwater recharge.
- Hydrogeology and groundwater studies.
- Phase I environmental site assessments.
- Environmental investigation of potentially contaminated sites.
- Remediation consulting and supervision.
- Soil gas (methane) testing, mitigation design, and construction/installation supervision.
Among them, AES staff members are fluent in 6 languages: English, Spanish, French, Russian, Farsi and Armenian.
For standard engineering services such as field observation during construction and laboratory testing, refer to our standard Fee Schedule.
For geotechnical, geologic, and environmental investigations we tailor the scope of work to the needs of the project, therefore a price is normally quoted after discussion of project with client.
To better serve you, and for scope-of-work and cost proposals, we ask that you use our Request for Proposal form. A member of our technical staff will then contact you to discuss your project in detail.